Kratom & Workout: 4 Things You must know
Posted on June 27, 2021 by Allen Brown
The native south Asian tropical tree Mitragyna speciosa is known as Kratom. In Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea, kratom is cultivated naturally. Kratom leaves are used for various medicinal as well as recreational drugs.
It contains a chemical known as Mitragynine and it works to relieve pain. Kratom has some common names such as Thom, Ithang, Kakuam, Ketum, Biak, Madat, Maeng Da Leaf, Mambog, Mitragyna speciosa, Mitragynine Extract, Nauclea, Nauclea speciosa. Kratom’s use is snowballing in all the industries you can think of from healthcare to fitness.
Kratom is known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It also helps relieve the pain and makes you more focused. It is being used as a pre and post-workout supplement by athletes, gymnasts, and sportspersons worldwide.
Kratom as Workout Supplement
- Kratom capsules for energy is used as both pre and post-workout supplements. It is beneficial for fitness lovers, athletes, and bodybuilding professionals as it is a natural workout supplement. It is known to have the property to enhance overall performance, boost energy, and treat pain with the appropriate replacement of processed supplements.
- As a pre-workout supplement, it could be consumed to boost confidence and motivation as well as to increase endurance. The people who exercise on a daily basis know the importance of a pre-workout supplement because to perform a workout thoroughly there is a need for a constant high level of energy throughout the routine. If your motivation and energy levels drop mid-way you are more likely to drop the routine there only.
- Kratom provides the energy rush in 15-60 minutes of consumption and the energy lasts for more than 5 hours. Thus it helps you go through your routines and increase your stamina.
- Kratom is a key factor to circulate the blood more efficiently to those parts of the body where supply requirement is more this property is known as vasodilatation. During a workout or any physical activity, our muscles need extra oxygen, therefore, need more blood supply.
- It has amazing pain relief properties and reduces chronic pain. The red horn kratom for pain is a good alternative and gives an active lifestyle to the patient. It helps prevent the Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness and tension and fatigue in muscles post-workout.
- Kratom increases blood circulation thus enhancing the oxygen flow supply in the blood. It also provides excess energy before and during the workout process.
- It helps to stay more focused and motivated. If the consumer takes it in the right dose before the workout it is going to help you during the workout. It helps to build your stamina. It will not let you feel nervous or tired. Moreover, it provides a pleasant, solid, and gentle boost.
- In bodybuilders, painful joints and weak muscles are not uncommon, who lift a large amount of weight and do maximum time duration of the workout. For those weight lifters, kratom could decrease pain and painful sensation in muscles with joints and keep the routine easier with activity training. The Bodybuilder requires mainly two mental abilities are Perseverance and mental tenacity and kratom help to increase mood property which is needed for the bodybuilder. Kratom is better than painkillers as they are more likely to make you feel sleepy and groggy.
- The white vein strain of kratom varieties is the best recommendation for an exercise supplement. Whereas Maeng Da is one of the good strains for those who are seeking motivation and power boost during their workout. The rounded Bali kratom is also one of the better options to take as a supplement and it is the most popular strain of the kratom with ideal effects.
- For muscular and joint pain green Sumatra is the best strain to reduce the strongest pain and gives physical relaxation during the workout.
How does Kratom work?
It has similar effects to opioids and stimulants. Kratom contains two compounds are mitragynine and 7-α-hydroxy mitragynine, which directly interact with opioid receptors inside the brain and then produce pleasure, decreased pain, and sedation when a person consumes more dose. For the production of stimulant effects in the brain mitragynine also interacts with another receptor system. When a person consumes less amount of kratom he reports higher energy and enhanced cognitive function in place of sedation.
Dosage of Kratom as a workout supplement
Kratom for energizing and stimulation should be used in moderate doses because consumption of high doses of kratom leads to sedative effects and anxiety which is the exact opposite of why you are consuming it. It is recommended between 2 to 6 grams for a workout supplement. If the user does not get the desired result he could slowly increase the dose.
Kratom can be consumed in the form of crushed leaves, powder, capsules, extracts, or tinctures. Due to the noticeable side effects and lack of research studies, FDA has not yet approved its usage. Its legality also varies according to the place you live in. Many countries have banned or restricted its usage. Before using it as a workout supplement select the strain and get your recommended use.
Tips to add Kratom in your daily routine
Once you have added Kratom to your routine you will buy volumes of Kratom. What is important is to keep it in a cool, dry place and away from sunlight. UV rays from sunlight or microwaves may degrade the quality of your Kratom product.
- Find your sweet spot and keep your servings consistent
Kratom is strictly dose-dependent. The correct dose for you to achieve that sweet spot depends on your age, height, weight, BMI, and drug tolerance. Your daily servings need to be small but consistent for you to enjoy the Kratom experience.
- Do not get stuck on single strain usage
Once you have got your strain, you are more likely to avoid trying other strains. This might diminish your Kratom experience. Each strain has unique alkaloid content and properties. If you use the same strain continuously your body will develop a tolerance to that strain. Keep trying and changing your Kratom strain for an enhanced Kratom experience to not develop tolerance.